One Step at a Time

Thursday, February 17, 2011

As the weather starts to warm up, I've been seeing more and more people jogging around town. I have always wanted to be part of the "jogger's club" and be outside enjoying the fresh air. My past attempts have never worked out, as running has always clashed with my physical issues. However, I've been doing research and found a plan to get me jogging over an 8 week period.

Week 1
Walk for 6 minutes, then jog at an easy pace for 1 minute. Repeat 3 times. Aim for three sessions with that same sequence for a week.
Week 2
Walk for 5 minutes, then jog for 2 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Aim to do three sessions in week two.
Week 3
Walk for 3 minutes, then jog for 4 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Aim for four sessions in week three.
Week 4
Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 5 minutes. Repeat 4 times. Aim for four of those sessions in week four.
Week 5
Walk for 2 minutes, then job for 8 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Do four of those sessions in week five.
Week 6
Walk for 2 minutes, then jog for 9 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Try to do four sessions for week six.
Week 7
Walk for 1 minute, then jog for 11 minutes. Repeat 3 times. Do four sessions this week.
Week 8
Try walking 5 minutes to begin and end the workout, and run for 20 minutes in between. By the end of the week, try to run for 30 minutes without stopping.


Whether this takes me 8 weeks, or 16 weeks I am determined to get there. I bought a compression belt, (actually found one that fits me!) and a little watch, since I don't wear one reguarly. I'm ready to do something healthy for me!


                    Creatively Chic....and a little crazy

2 comments:

KirKir said...

Is this the couch to 5K program?
I know what you mean about wanting to be a part of the jogging club! Every time I try it kills my knees. Perhaps I'll try again since I have lost weight. I wonder if Frodo would job with me!? haha

Creatively Chic said...

It is not the same program, but maybe same principles. This was basically "How to start running." I wish we lived closer, we could go together!

Post a Comment